Tuesday 3 September 2013

Wedding Party- My Look For The Night

Hello my lovely readers! :)

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to my cousins wedding reception on the 29th of August and that I would be posting pictures of my outfit, make up and general pictures of the night so that is exactly what I will be doing today! :D I also have a note to say so that will be at the end :)

Firstly I will show you a picture of my nails. I decided to do them myself as it would be easier and cheaper than getting them done professionally! I chose a gold and black theme for my whole outfit as it matched my dress and I think it looks classic and elegant for a wedding reception but its also a little edgy! So here are my nails;

To get these nails I used  NYC Full Metal Jacket (gold) and NYC City Blackout (black) and used a striping brush to achieve the black design.

After doing my nails, I decided to do my hair. The nigh before the wedding party (Thursday) I washed my hair but instead of blow drying it, I French plaited the two sides of my hair so that in the morning when I took it out my hair would have a wavy/curly effect. To finish off my hair I added a plait in my fringe and clipped it back. I wanted a more casual hair style as I wanted the attention to be on my dress and didn't want to over do it.


For my make up, I wanted to go for a look that I never usual would wear out. Here is a few pictures of my make up look;



To achieve this make up look I used;
  • Revlon photo ready primer
  • MaxFactor 3 in 1 foundation in 'Natural'
  • Benefit boi-ing concealer in shade 02
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 'Ivory'
  • MUA Cupcake Blusher
  • Bourjois Blusher Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Setting Powder
  • Maybelline Falsies Mascara
  • Rimmer Scandaleyes Shadow Stick 'Blackmail'
  • Maybelline 24h Colour Tattoo 'Eternal Gold'
  • Barry M Kohl Pencil 27 Black Glitter (waterline)
  • Rimmel Gel Liner Black (top of lid)
  • MUA 'Undressed' eye shadow palette shade 01 (inner corner)
  • Rimmerl Apocalips Lip Lacquer 'Apocaliptic'
  • Urban Decay Setting Spray 'All Nighter'
  • Real Techniques Brushes to apply
Ok so that was A LOT of make up that I used and I am sorry if that bored you!!
Next I put on my dress, shoes, jewellery and was ready for the road!
Dress- River Island £32

Bag- New Look £13
Thumb ring- River Island £2
2 midi rings- River Island £2
Main 'triangle ring'- Topshop £5.50

Earrings- New Look £4.99

Shoes- Internationale £20


I had an amazing time at the wedding reception! It was absolutely perfect and such a beautiful night!
Congratulations to my cousin and his new wife! :D

Look out for my next update! :D

Love, Lisa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment