Tuesday 24 September 2013

What's In My Make Up Bag- School Edition


Hello my lovelies!

So in my last post, I mentioned that I wasn't allowed to wear make up to school because my school doesn't care about girls and their feelings and their confidence! Hey maybe that could be another post? Lisa rants? haha let me know ;) 

So anyway, I did mention that I was a rebel because I wear make up to school, however I have to do the lightest coverage a girl can do..seriously its ridiculous!! 
With that being said here is my make up bag that I carry in my school bag. It is the perfect size, however if I was to change one thing it would be that it wouldn't be so structured so I can fit and shape things around in it! haha but I love the print on it. I don't know where it is from as it was a Christmas gift from someone but I use it daily and LOVE it! :D




The first thing that I ALWAYS need with me is some form of hand sanitizer or hand lotion because, girl, my school is like the breeding grounds of germs and bacteria so I always got to have this with me. This one is from Poundland..classy, I know! ;) but nothing wrong with Poundland..I buy them in bulk! This one below is nearly done so I gotta get another one. The smell isn't too appetizing but if it does the job I am happy :)


Instead of covering my face in foundation (because apparently that is 'too much for school, young lady') I opt to wear concealer on the areas that I need it i.e spots, blemishes etc. This one is quite a good coverage and I usually have to blend together the 1st and middle shades to get my match. I just use my fingers to apply it as it is a creamy texture and its just easier to spread that way. The end colour is a highlighter so I don't use it for school. This palette is from MUA and it is the Pro Base concealer palette.


So that the concealer lasts all day on my face I use this setting powder from Rimmel, its the famous Stay Matte powder in 'Peach Glow' Everyone I know uses this because it really is the best powder out there that keeps your face matte all day and for only £4 its a good deal :) I tend to go for the 'peach glow' one and not the translucent one because firstly I want to not look like a ghost around school and I think that the translucent one looks better over foundation and not on its own because really whats it gonna do? 


Anyway, to apply this I take with me the Multi Task Brush from Real Techniques. It fits nicely into this bag and although it takes up some room it really is the best brush to apply the powder. The brush is really soft and only applies a light coverage on your face so you aren't caked in powder which I like.


On my lips I can't wear any coloured lip gloss or lipstick God forbid cause that will just ruin your education! Instead I have to use a lip balm or Vaseline. I like this lip balm by Jack Wills. Its raspberry flavoured so it tastes really good..not that I have tried to eat it or anything! haha This has lasted me quite a long time and the flavour is still there so it is really good quality  Its also small so its easy to carry around in my blazer if I want it off hand instead of hoaking through my bag :)


Lastly is mascara. Now this one is trickier to get away with because it is the 
most one that we are not allowed. In the rules it says, and I quote:

"No heavy eye make up is to be worn to school, this includes mascara, eyeliner, false eyelashes and any other type of eye product (girls)"
It is honestly ridiculous, so when I wear mascara I tell them that my eyelashes are tinted or else 'that's all natural Miss!' (I am so bad...) 
I lightly put on this one by Max factor  its in a little sample size bottle so it is easier to carry around. The application is easy and not too heavy so I can get away with it..most of the time. 



I hope you can now all see what I meant by having a strict school and not being allowed make up. But what is a girl do!? I need make up and if they don't like it well then tough luck! :P 

Until next time..thanks for reading :D

Love, Lisa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment