Wednesday 28 August 2013

End of Summer Make Up Shopping

Hey guys, hope you are all well and the fact that school will be starting again soon doesn't upset too many of you! I can not believe that this will be my last year of school! Where has the time gone to? Its scary to think that after this year I have to go into the 'real world' and to be honest that quite simply petrifies me!!
But enough of that, if you would like to see a post on high school advice leave a comment and I will try my best to answer and help you :)

On to todays post, I recently went shopping and bought a few more make up products that I want to share with you. I am going to a wedding this week and needed to get some new things to try a different make up look and I had to repurchase my good old faithful products for the new school year.

The first product I bought was a new Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in the colour 'Apocaliptic' which is a deep raspberry pink colour. I adore the Apocalips as they are seriously so pigmented and last the whole night! This is my 3rd one and I don't think I would choose anything else to wear to the wedding as these are amazing! :D

 
 
The next product I bought was Benefit Boi-ing concealer and I was SO excited as this is my first every Benefit product! I have only recently started getting into make up and so I don't have any 'high end' brand make up. I had never bought anything from the Benefit counter before, only just browsed! I heard that this concealer was really good and to be honest it is really good. I got the shade 02 and it is a bit darker than my skin tone but when I put it under my eyes it does match up as I get dark circles and this concealer gives really good coverage! Its creamy consistency means I use my fingers to apply the product and I use it for under my eyes and on any blemishes I may have. I really would recommend this product if you are willing to spent the money on such a good quality product :)
 
 
 
On the day that I went shopping my mother must have been feeling generous as she kindly bought be the Urban Decay Make Up Setting Spray in 'all nighter' (either that or she knew that she would get to use it as well!) I have wanted it for complete ages and once again this is my first Urban Decay product so I am really happy that I have it! I haven't gotten to use it yet for a whole night to see how it lasts, but I plan on using it for the wedding and me and my mum will be using it. I have oily skin and my mum has dry skin so if you would like a review as to how it lasted on both kinds of skin, leave a comment or tweet me! :)
 
 
 
Next up I got an old favourite of mine (well not old, but I repurchased it!) and it is the Maybelline The Falsies mascara. I wear this mascara basically everywhere I go, to school, when I go out for a night, when I go shopping. It is just an all round great mascara. It lasts long and looks good all day and never has any fall down. I have a bottle already for going out but I wanted a new one for the school year (I'm weird, I know!) I am one for when I find a good mascara I don't like trying new ones and stick to what I know, the same with foundation! So if you have any good mascara recommendations or foundations please let me know! :D
 
 
 
Lastly I got the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This is honestly the best setting powder out there and for the price of it you can not go wrong! It lasts all day, however since I do have excessively oily skin (so annoying!) my T-zone area always needs topped up during the day so I just take this with me and a little powder brush and its fine! I would highly recommend this for all skin types as it keeps your make up in place and keeps it really matte! :D
 





 
 
That is all for todays post, I hope you enjoyed it! :)
 
The next post I plan on doing is a 'Get ready with me - Summer Wedding' so make sure you watch out for that.
 
If you have any suggestions for posts you would like to see, such as the Back to school advice one I talked about then leave me a comment :)
 
 
Until next time - Lisa xo
 
*Disclaimer All opinions are my own! I am not sponsored *

No comments:

Post a Comment