Monday 14 July 2014

My Top 5 Picks - Nail Polish

Hey everyone!

I love a lot of products, that's a given obvious from my blog. I recently was going through all my make up and sorting it all out because honestly it had went a bit crazy and I was buying all thee new things that I knew I didn't need! I decided to put myself through make up rehab and that's how came up with the idea for this post.

I decided to pick out my top 5 of each type of product and so I thought I would make a little series on my blog to share with you all what my top 5 make up product picks are.


To begin with, nail polish is my downfall. I literally have over 100 bottles of the stuff, it's an addiction. This was really hard but these top 5 picks are my favourite to wear in the Summer months because it would be so hard to narrow it down to my top 5 overall!

















Barry M in my opinion own it when it comes to nail polish! Their formula is the best that I have tried, especially from their Gelly HI-Shine range. The polish stays on for a really long time and overall the brand is really good and inexpensive as they always have special deals and offers going on. It was really hard to choose my favourite from the Barry M range but I picked this pastel blue one for Summer as it is the one that I would reach for most often during the Summer months as it is a really casual colour and matches a lot of clothing.



The second brand that I have most nail polishes from is Rimmel. Again, Rimmel have a really good formula with their nail polishes however they aren't as long lasting as the Barry M ones but they do have a wide range of colour options and again it was very difficult to choose my favourite one. 


I decided on the muted/pastel lilac almost grey colour as it is the one that I have been wearing recently and it is so a gorgeous and such an
unusual colour. It is called 'Mary Mary quite contrary' which is such a cute name! I wear this nail polish on a day to day basis as it is so muted it matches with everything which is such a bonus!






A lot of people would refrain themselves from wearing red nail polish during the summer months, however I believe I have found the perfect red nail colour for Summer and it is from L'Oreal, a brand that I literally never buy nail polish from! This gorgeous deep, bright red gives the perfect pop of colour. I especially love to wear it along with red lipstick when I am wearing a white or eve monochrome outfit during the Summer. This colour is called '403 Femme Fatale' and I really think that if you love the colour red you should defiantly look into this shade for Summer!





Coral is one of my favourite shades to wear in the Summer, it is bright and fun and simply defines Summer to me. Rimmel again do my favourite shade of coral to wear in the Summer and it is called 'Orange Your Life' which is such a quirky name! When you put one layer on it doesn't look that bright but I usually end up having to use 2-3 coats, which kinda sucks to get the bright pop of neon coral/orange that I want to achieve. All in all it is a really fun bright summer colour!





The final nail polish that I want to put into my top 5 picks for Summer is one from NYC. I don't own a lot of NYC products, in fact I think I only have 3 of their nail polish's however I was really impressed by this shade. It is a beautiful green/blue. Not exactly a mint green colour, it is a lot brighter than that. The reason I really like this shade is because when you want something brighter than a pastel green then this is the perfect in between shade as it isn't exactly a neon-popping colour. The formula of the nail polish I really loved and it only took one coat which is a big bonus!






Sorry for this incredibly long post, but there was so much information and love for each of these nail polish's that I just had to put in!! 

Also, side note, each picture with the nail polish was done with one dip in the bottle and one coat just to show off how what the formula was like for each different nail polish.

Hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to know what your favourite Summer nail polishes are!?

Until next time, 

Love, Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment