Friday 24 May 2013

Make Up Review - New Max Factor Products I Bought

Hello everyone! :D

So recently I went on a bit of a make up shopping spree and bought a few new bits of Max Factor products, some that I have never tried before and some new things that I had ran out off previously. All the products which I feature in this post are from Boots. This will be a long blog post but I just bought so much stuff!! Enjoy! :D


*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own. Here is a link to the Max Factor website where you can see the products I talk about and other products which are available https://www.maxfactor.co.uk/make-up-products *


The first product which I went to repurchase was the Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation in the colour Natural. I have used this product for my everyday make up for the past couple of months and I really like it. It feels light on your skin and very natural. Now my skin would be classified as oily/combination and I think it really suits my complexion. The colour is right for my skin tone and the foundation is easily blended into the skin which I feel is the main thing I look for when buying a foundation. The only down side I have on this foundation is that it is a mousse formulation, normally I don't like mousse's as I find they can be really thick and hard to apply but this one is relatively easy to apply either with fingers or with a brush. This foundation was £10 in the UK which I think is quite cheap as it is such a good product.




The next product is another foundation that I had not tried before, I think it is new to the line of Max Factor products. It is the Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 In 1 Foundation in the colour Warm Almond as I thought that the Natural looked to dark for my skin tone and I wanted a lighter shade to my face. This product claims that it holds like a primer, corrects like a concealer with the long lasting finish of a liquid foundation which I thought would be good as I won't need to use a primer or concealer on my face if I use this foundation. It also has an SPF of 20 which I know for some people is important.






I have only been using this product for about 2 weeks and only use it when I am going out at night or on the weekends. I find that as my skin is prone to breakouts it doesn't really do a fantastic job of covering spots and spot scars but I find that the coverage of the foundation is medium and it also blends well. It isn't a long lasting foundation which is a bit of a disappointment as I don't like having to re-apply my make up during a night out. This product was £12 in the UK and for this price I don't think that the product lives up to what it claims to do, and so I don't think I will repurchase it in the future unfortunately. 


The next product that I bought on my little spree was for part of my little sisters birthday present and I decided to buy her 2 of the Max Factor Max Colour Effect Mini Nail Polish in the colours Cool Jade and Cappucino. Cool Jade is a really nice pale green/blue colour which I think looks really cute for late Spring. The Cappucino wasn't the colour I expected it to be, it looks like a Mauve purple colour in the bottle but when it dries on the nail it looks like a really pale brown/taupe colour. I don't think it suits mine or my sister's skin tone and so it doesn't really suit us so I think we will only wear it when it matches something. The nail polishes last for about 3/4 days however I find that they do chip rather easily and so it is really good lasting finish. The bottles are quite small so they are handy for travel, though I don't know how long they will last (I will keep you updated) Both the nail polishes were £2.99 each in the UK which I found quite expensive for all the size of them.





I did go in to boots to find a new lip colour product, I wasn't quite sure what I was after and so I tried lots of different types - glosses, lipsticks, lip tints, laquers and finally I decided on a lip tint as I had never had one before and really wanted to try it. The product I chose was Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint in the colour Pink Princess. I chose this colour as I wanted one that was very subtle so I could wear it throughout the day without being too bold and it looks natural. The smell is really nice, which I like as it means I don't have to walk around with a bad smelling product on my lips that I would have to taste! I think the colour really suits my face and the product is really easy to apply on to the lips, it reminds me almost like a felt tip pen. I like to apply a clear lip gloss on top of it just to pick up the colour more and in my opinion gives it a nicer finish. I think this product was around £5.99 (don't hold me to that!) which is really good as the quality of this product is good and I know it will last me a long time!





Now I didn't know this at the time but when you spend £15+ you got a free set thing which included a mini mascara in black, Max Colour Effect Mono Eye Shadow in the colour Golden Brown,Max Factor Colour Effect Mini nail polish (not sure what colour it is but it is a red colour with a gold shimmer effect to it) and a Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in the colour Vibrant Pink. 
So far I haven't yet tried the mascara as I don't often wear black mascara and so I think I might have to give it to my mum! 
I haven't properly tried the nail polish yet either as I haven't got an outfit to wear that matches the colour, however I did do a stroke down my thumb nail just to see the real colour (after my disaster with the Cappucino I just wanted to see!) and it has a nice shimmer golden effect to it, perfect for a night out or for a sunny summer day by the beach (wooo!) If it is like the other nail polishes then I am sure I will be pleased with the product. 
The eye shadow comes in a really cute little case and has the signature X carved into it, which I really like. I'm not really keen on the colour of the eye shadow, its not one that I would purposely buy but since it was free I had no choice in the matter. The colour is really pale and not really noticeable  but I do use it as a base sometimes so I can layer up other colours. The consistency of the eye shadow is rather powder-y which I like as I find some cream based ones to be sticky on the lid. Over all I don't think I will run out of this product any time soon!
Finally in the free package thing I got was the Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick. I really love this product, the feel of it does feel rather sticky on the lips however it is long lasting and feels really moisturising on my lips. The colour is very vibrant but yet still subtle enough to be able to wear during the day. The product looks like it will last a good while and so I am very happy that they included it in the package.




Also they give us a guidance leaflet which tells you how to apply the products to create certain looks and tips to apply the products correctly which would be really useful for someone just starting out with make up.

Sorry this post is rather long and a bit boring but this is my review on the products which I purchased and I realise my opinions will be different than other people's so please don't take this as something you must follow!


Love always, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment