Tuesday 12 November 2013

How To - Natural Waves

Hello again!

So I have decided to start a little series on this blog called 'How To' (How to..create original series names YAY!) haha anyway it's the only name I could think of to call it, but basically I am going to be doing little tutorials on how to do stuff, simple! :D I will make the steps as basic and easy to follow as I can, so lets get started :D

This is how to get natural waves without using heat.. :D

Step 1; You need to wash your hair the night before that you want your waves for (if that makes sense) so say I wanted my hair wavy for Wednesday I would wash it on the Tuesday night.. I use 'Alberto balsam' shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair. These come in loads of different scents but my favourite is the mandarin and papaya shampoo (which is a citrus orange scent) and the coconut conditioner (which is the most heavenly coconut scent ever!) 


Step 2; You need to only towel dry your hair, do not use a hairdryer as the waves will be less effective.



Step 3: You need to do 2 french plaits in your hair, if you can't do it, get someone else to do it for you. Sometimes people need more than 2 plaits (it's a trail and error type process) for me 2 works but my sister does 3 as she has thicker hair than I do. So you french plait your hair when it is wet/damp and sleep in it overnight. It seriously isn't that uncomfortable!



Step 4; In the morning, take out your plaits and taadaah! You have nice, natural looking waves! :D Use whatever you use to style it, mousse, salt spray or whatever you use and then add a touch of hairspray all over to keep the waves in place all day! :D



As you can see, I wear this look to school as it is easy to do and not much hassle in the morning! (I'm not a morning person! So it is easier for me to do my hair before bed!) You could also dress this look up and wear it on a night out by adding a plait in the side of your head. 

I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial to wavy hair, and if you would like more of these 'How To's ' then leave a comment telling me what you want to know how to do and I will try my best to do it. :D

Love, Lisa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment