Tuesday 3 December 2013

Get The Look - Steph Edwards (Luminites)

Hi all! Hope you are all well! :D

Today, I am starting a new series (I know I have been doing a lot of "new series" lately but I just want to experiment and take this blog in the right direction, so stick with me!) 

Anyway, the series will be called *drumroll* "Get The Look" *cymbals crash and fireworks* lol (I do try to be funny...)

In this little series I will be picking out various celebrities that I take fashion inspiration from and telling you where to buy the products that they wear (whether it be exact matches or a cheaper alternative!) and also giving you some of my tips on how to style the different pieces that they wear :)

To start of with I thought that I would do Steph from Luminites as I LOVE and adore her style! Everything she wears I'm always like "Where did she get that!!?" haha. Her style could be described as girly yet still very casual and on trend! 


The first look I will show you how to get the look off is one that Steph wore on the Luminites performance on Daybreak a few weeks ago :) This is what she wore;


The tartan print is really on trend this season and I think that this dress is just perfect! :) I love how she has styled it with just converse and tights, it looks really quirky but yet edgy at the same time!
Here is where you can find this dress or a look a like:


Primark £15 (This is the exact match, only in a different colour just for more options)






I love the edge that this one brings from Daisy Street with the added leather to the cap of the sleeves. It gives it that little bit something more and would look perfect with chunky black boots and a beanie! It costs £15.99 and can be found at http://www.daisystreet.co.uk/jaron-pu-sleeve-tartan-baby-doll-dress-in-red

However if tartan dresses aren't your thing you could always go for something more simple such as a tartan top or even just a tartan scarf if you still wanted to incorporate the tartan trend into your look; here are some examples:



I think that this top is very understated as it is balanced out with the black skirt and hat. It is still very on trend and the red lipstick really compliments it. This top is from Miss Guided and is £14.99 http://www.missguided.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/94016/s/keeva-tartan-crop-top/category/1083/

This scarf is from Zara and is £19.99 (bit pricey for a scarf) but the quality is amazing! You could easily style this with a jumper and jeans and jacket or even with a skater skirt and leather jacket for an edgy look. It won't be too dramatic like a tartan dress, you need to feel comfortable! http://www.zara.com/uk/en/new-collection/checked-soft-scarf-c323303p1330066.html


The next look from Steph is...well...this dress




She posted it on her instagram a couple of days ago and at first I was like "woah, bit too out there for me" but now I'm kinda really liking it! haha If I was to wear it around where I live people would look at me as if I had two heads but if you are brave enough to wear something like it then you can find it:




I couldn't find the exact match, but I heard that it was from Topshop. This one is from Boohoo and is £12.00. I like that you can't really tell that it is sweets until up close to it. It's quirky and I love it. http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/day-dresses/jessica-sweet-print-bodycon-dress/invt/azz39654

I did manage to find the matching cami top from Topshop, so I assume that the dress is also from there. I think that this top would look good with black leggings or jeans, or even a midi body-con skirt. It is £26.00 http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=sweet&storeId=12556&productId=11500307&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33057

If you feel like the sweet printed clothes is too out there for you (like myself) then you could always opt for sweet jewelry. I found this bracelet on Truffle Shuffle 
It is £6.99 and I think that no one would really notice it if you were wearing it, and even if they did who cares! Its just a bracelet! They make quirky gifts for people as well! Go on to  http://www.truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/liquorice-allsorts-bracelet-p-13224.html to find more cute and quirky jewelry gift ideas!


The last look that I have chosen is Steph's casual everyday look. Here is an example;



I love the simplicity of her casual look, its basically me everyday! haha :) You can wear whatever jeans you love the most and your converse (or in my case, cheap plimsolls from Primark!) and match it up with a cute, printed jumper. Here are a few of my picks; 



This one from Lipsy is really cute! I love the pink and the print on it! It is totally something that I would wear! This jumper is £35 so a bit pricey (ask Santa nicely!) I actually found this on the Next website, but I'm sure its in the Lipsy shop too. http://www.next.co.uk/gl0570s4#l23133gl0

If you don't want to go for a printed jumper, you could always find a lovely cosy warm plain knitted jumper such as this one; 



How fricking cosy does that not look!!! :P This is from Miss Selfridge and is now only £19.50 so get it fast before it sells out!! You could wear this with leggings or disco pants as well as just jeans if you prefer :) http://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/clothing-299047/knitwear-299069/jumpers-299206/mohair-holey-square-jumper-2407056?refinements=category~%5b208087%7c208085%5d&bi=1&ps=200

And of course, considering it is Christmas, I couldn't leave out the tacky (yet very stylish) Christmas jumper! Here is a cute on that I found; 


I love it so much!! Too much cuteness! :P Its from New Look and is £27.99 and if people call you tacky, don't listen to them! Wear your jumper with pride...maybe just inside. In my opinion New Look have the best variety for Christmas Jumpers and at affordable prices, check them out.. http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/knitwear/christmas-jumpers/_/N-9vjZ1z1410m

So that is it for my very first "Get the Look" blog post. If you enjoyed it and want to see more then let me know :) and if you have suggestions as to what celebrities you want me to do then please comment! :D 

Until next week, Lisa xo

(Also its a coincidence that I am seeing the Luminites on Monday at the Jingle Ball! So Steph if you read this, then HEY SEE YOU ON MONDAY!! :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment