Tuesday 8 April 2014

March Favourites

Heeeeeey. 

(I always begin with 'Hello again' so I am going for something different!) 

Today I will be sharing with you all what my favourite items have been over the month of March. Firstly can I say WOW this year is flying by so quickly I am struggling to keep up -however the school year is nearly up so YAY! There is always a positive!

I have been loving so much this month and trying out lots of new products so I have quite a few to share with you today and hopefully you will feel inspired to try them and love them as much as I do. And of course if you want to, you can share with me what your favourite things of this month were in the comments :)

Side note, this could also be my last post for a little while as I will be focusing on my exams and coursework. So bare with me, I need to pass these exams!

Make Up

As it is now officially Spring I have been bringing back all my old make up favourites again to use in this season. I do this weird cycle thing where I only use certain products in a season and then put them away until next year so now I have to go and find all my last year Spring products so that I can get good use out of them!! 

My make up favourites of this month are both base items and they are Rimmel Perfect Match foundation and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Both of these have been my staple for the month of March, they work so well together for a fresh, natural, easy to wear look.


Firstly the foundation I got from a recommendation from my friend who uses it daily and I thought that I might give it a go as I have been using the Rimmel Wake Me Up one for AGES and I wanted to try something new. I find that this foundation is really easy to work into the skin and it looks really natural. I have oily skin and my sister has dry skin and we both use this foundation and it works great for both of us so it is an all round product for every skin type! 

The Collection concealer is of course one of those cult beauty classics that basically every beauty guru on YouTube talks about and I couldn't resist the temptation any longer so when I saw it one day when I was out I had to buy it! and I am glad that I did because it is honestly amazing! It covers all my imperfections really well and I have quite a few scars from spots that I picked (EW!) so finding a really full coverage concealer is always really hard and I am never happy until you can't see a single blemish on my face - luckily this concealer does the trick and it was so cheap which surprised me! I think I may have bought a shade too dark for my skin though so I will have to go back and get a shade lighter but for now I am making it work!

Overall, for make up this month I really just tried to get my base perfect for the summer time and I think I have achieved this with these two products :)

Hair:

Recently I have began to notice that my hair is becoming a lot weaker than is usually is, which I put down to be severely damaging it by dying it every 2 months! However I went on a mission to find something to help repair it and make it not look so dry and straw like! I found this 2-in-1 product by Pantene:



It is a shampoo and conditioner which I never really would recommend as I don't believe on product can do both but I think this one is really effective! I have been using it for around the whole month now, for every wash (which is every 2 days) and have found that my hair is in fact becoming shinier and a lot more healthy than before, which is such a relief as I was looking like a scarecrow for a while there..

I would overall really recommend this product if you are finding your hair to be breaking off and looking really dull recently. I wanted to ensure that my hair looked shiny as it is coming into the Summer and I wanted that 'natural glow' look and I think that with continued use I will achieve this!




Skin Care:

My skin has actually been not too bad in terms of break outs recently (It's a miracle I know!) however I am still not satisfied with the blemishes and red scars that I have on my face!! So in an effort to try and use every product possible to find the right one I bought the Origins Clear Improvements Mask. 



I use this mask once a week, sometimes twice if I remember to and can be bothered to do it! I hate masks that you have to wash off however I am prepared to do whatever works to clear my skin for good. I find that this mask leaves my skin super baby bum soft after using it and since I have been using it for nearly 2 months now I am defiantly beginning to see an improvement in the colour of the blemishes, they are finally fading away! This product was £22 however I think that for the price of it and the fact it is lasting me a lifetime as you only need a pea size amount each time, it is worth the money!

I would highly recommend this product if you have problems with blemishes. I love relaxing in the bath with music on and this face mask. 


Music:

I cannot get enough of listening to 5 Seconds of Summer's EP! It is so perfect it makes me want to cry and eat ice cream every time because I know I will never marry them all. Bigamy at its best. 

My favourite song on the EP is Disconnected. It makes me want to dance around my bedroom pretending to be on a beach somewhere (I have no idea ok) but you really need to buy this if you haven't! I have been a fan of 5SOS for a little over 2 years now and they are seriously so kind-hearted, down to earth lovely boys who deserve all the success that they get. Just one thing though THEY NEED TO COME BACK TO HERE SO I CAN SEE YOU ON YOUR OWN TOUR OK THANK YOU (That was needed to be put out there.)

Random:

On March 25th I was lucky enough to go to The Wanted's concert, front row. I actually love The Wanted so flipping much and the fact that they are over now completely heartbreaks me (I could go off in a tangent here but I wont) The concert was seriously one of the best of my life. I went to their last concert as well and had an amazing time so I knew this would be unreal. I think they are all so talented, funny and beautiful boys/men now. 4 years on and I am still their number one fan. Anyway, the concert was so impressively amazing and I can't believe I will never see them again :( Thankfully they gave me the best night of my life, so the memories will last forever. (ok Lisa, stop being so soppy!) Of course I have added the ticket to my wall of ever growing concert ticket collection, it is actually getting ridiculous!! Of course The Vamps were also there on tour with The Wanted who I love as well, seems to be a running theme in this post with boys...hmm anyways. The Vamps were also amazing, it was my second time seeing them live now I just need to see them on their own tour if they would just release tour dates for here that would be great!

I feel that this post was very much boyband oriented (5SOS are not a boyband however..just a band..with boys in it.) Hope you enjoyed my March Favourites.

Leave me a comment what you want to see on this blog, I am always open to feedback :)

Until next time, 

Lisa xx




No comments:

Post a Comment