Tuesday 9 July 2013

Summer Nail Art Designs


Just to start off this blog post today with WOW I can't believe I have hit 100 page views! That is incredible, and thank you everyone who has read it! I know 100 seems like a small number compared to other blogs, but just imagine 100 people standing in front of you, then you will realise just how many that is! :)

Today I will be showing you simple nail art designs that are perfect for Summer and are so on trend!  2013 is full of bright neon colours, pastel colours and cute quirky designs! I will show 3 different designs, one that is for beginners, the next one is a little more harder and the last is an advanced one (well one that I would find advanced!)

The first trend is neon designs, here are some of my favourite ones to do that you can re-create at home :) 

This simple nail art design means you can paint your nail in any bright neon colour and then around the bottom add in a grey, white, silver or black bottom tip design. It is really easy to do, and looks cute for Summer!

This tiger print design means you will need more than 2 colours and more  than likely you will need  some sort of nail art design brush tool or you could even try using a toothpick or a cotton bud if you don't have any design brushes!
This design is for the advanced nail artists among us. It is called a Water Marble Effect  and once you get the hang of how to do it, it is relatively easy (yet incredibly messy!) I will post a YouTube which I learnt from in the next blog post! :)



The next trend I have been loving recently is Pastels, there are so many cute, quirky designs you can create using pastel colours, and even just a plain pastel colour on its own looks super cute! So here are my top three for pastel nails :)



Here are a few examples of pastel nail polishes. I think they look so cool for Summer time, the pale colours blend in with the sun. As you can see here just a plain pastel colour on your nail looks so girly and nice!





This design is a little more quirky as it has an element of design in it. I like the contrast of 2 pastel colours on the one nail as it adds more dimension to the nail design, also the introduction of the silver glitter to separate them makes it more cute and pretty. The bow can be optional depending on whether or not you had nail accessories  but they are easy to find in nail stands or online!



This more advanced design sees the addition of again having to using design tools, for this design you will need a detail brush and a dotting tool, again you can use a toothpick or cotton bud if you want to. There are tutorial videos out there to show you how to do the floral design. I really like the vintage look these nails bring and I think they are perfect for summer!


The next trend that I like to wear on my nails is quirky, fun designs such as cows, mustaches and even minnie mouse! Just search the internet for quirky nail designs and you can pretty much get anything you could want to put on your nails! Here are a few of my favourite! :D


Cute cupcake nails!


Cow print nails!


Minnie Mouse nails :)


Mustache and spots nails!


Cute owl nails!


I hope you enjoyed this post on different designs to try on your nails. Whether they are long or short nails, just get creative with it and have fun! :D

Lots of love xo.

*DISCLAIMER* ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN, I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE IMAGES I GOT THEM FROM GOOGLE! I DO NOT INTEND ON COPYRIGHTING





















































No comments:

Post a Comment